21737 - Vehicle Dynamics Principal Engineer
This role will balance the delivery of customer projects, demonstrating detailed knowledge and capability of vehicle dynamics development, with the leadership of the vehicle dynamics team.
The candidate will be required to develop and manage external customer projects for the vehicle dynamics attribute, providing subject matter expertise and knowledge. The role will be highly customer focused, being the point of contact and technical expert for the project, representing Horiba MIRA both in the UK and at times abroad.
The position will hold direct responsibility of the vehicle dynamics engineers and provide direction to them to successfully deliver customer projects. As a team leader and working under the technical guidance of the Vehicle Dynamics Chief engineer, the candidate will be responsible for ensuring the teams compliance and alignment to our corporate strategy.
- A track record in automotive vehicle dynamics testing and development.
- Held leadership roles within the vehicle dynamics discipline
- 8+ years of experience within the vehicle dynamics attribute
- Operating as a team leader for vehicle dynamics or chassis system teams
- Development experience of SCS and other chassis control systems.
- Track record in the development and delivery of the vehicle dynamics attribute for a vehicle engineering programme
- The role will require the candidate to deliver customer projects, either as part of a standalone vehicle dynamics development project or as part of a complete vehicle development program.
- The candidate will need a broad range of knowledge in vehicle level attribute development across the complete engineering spectrum:
- Competitor benchmarking
- Target setting and cascade to system and component level
- Initial concept development and virtual engineering
- Design maturation
- Vehicle level testing, development and signoff
- The candidate will be experienced in the subjective evaluation and objective measurement of the vehicle dynamics attribute to quantify the vehicle performance and provide development direction.
- The candidate will need to liaise with both MIRA and customer design teams to ensure attribute requirements are met.
- A good understanding of virtual engineering tools will be required to effectively utilise the attribute simulation team to meet the attribute target performance during the virtual development phase of the project
- The role may also need to support the commercial teams with enquiry development, project scope and approach definition.
- Manage the vehicle dynamics attribute team (circa 10 personnel)
- Provide team leadership to the vehicle dynamics team personnel including coaching, appraisals and resourcing
- The candidate will need to manage and oversee continuous improvement projects to develop internal process and procedures that maximise our capability and increase our efficiencies across the team.
- The position shall be responsible for the quality, heath, safety and environmental compliance of the team
- The candidate must be a confident and effective communicator, keeping our clients and internal stakeholders informed of the project or team progress. This will be delivered through written communication and face to face presentation skills.
- Degree qualified in automotive or mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Full UK driving licence
- Trained to Proving Ground level 4 or equivalent
- Chartered Engineer, CEng MIMechE or equivalent
- Masters degree or PHD
HORIBA MIRA has 75 years of heritage in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
At HORBA MIRA we have a wide range of benefits including:-
- 27 days holiday + statutory days (with the option to participate in a holiday buy/sell scheme)
- A generous contributory pension plan
- A company performance related bonus scheme
- A fantastic Employee Assistance Programme which offers a range of wellbeing services to staff.
- Reimbursement of fees for corporate memberships for relevant Chartered/professional institution
- A range of tax efficient salary sacrifice options including a cycle to work scheme.
Right to work: - HORIBA MIRA actively promotes diversity and inclusion across our organisation, however this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the current Home Office Shortage Occupation list.
For further info, click here