HORIBA is a global group of companies that develops, manufactures and provides an extensive array of analytical and measurement equipment to countries around the world. HORIBA Instruments Inc., a leading manufacturer of scientific instruments has an immediate opening for a Software Engineer in the Piscataway, New Jersey. The Software Engineer will write and build software for optical and electronic instrumentation to be applied in all fields of scientific research applications.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics from four-year college/university and five years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's degree is a plus
Duties and Requirements:
- Expert developing/coding with C, C++, C#, QT and Python software development environment.
- Experience working within the Microsoft Visual Studio development environment is a must.
- Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory.
- Works independently and as a member of a cross functional team.
- Self-motivated and highly organized with strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience with hardware-software interfaces and hardware communication protocols is a plus.
- Designs, develops, and implements software-programming applications for special and sometimes high-visibility projects.
- Prepares design specifications, analysis and recommendations for presentation and approval.
Horiba offers a full benefit package which includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life & Disability
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401K with company match
- Flexible Spending Account
Click to apply