The HORIBA Group of worldwide companies provides an extensive array of instruments and systems for applications ranging from automotive R&D, process and environmental monitoring, in-vitro medical diagnostics, semiconductor manufacturing and metrology, to a broad range of scientific R&D and QC measurements. Proven quality and trustworthy performance have established widespread confidence in the HORIBA Brand.
Inspired by our unique motto, “JOY and FUN,” we focus on social responsibilities by building state-of-the-art products for scientific advancement; especially for protecting health, safety, and the environment. “HORIBARIANs,” the HORIBA employees all over the world, look forward to working with additional creative and entrepreneurial self-starters.
Our shared services division is seeking an experienced Buyer to join our team in Irvine, CA. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and expertise in purchasing merchandise for resale, selecting suppliers, and ensuring timely, accurate and cost-effective delivery of parts. This candidate will also issue and track purchase orders.
Essential Job Functions:
- Issues purchase orders; tracks purchase orders and status of domestic and international shipments; monitors posting of sales orders using computerized tracking systems (as related to drop shipments).
- Contacts appropriate vendors. Obtains samples, specifications and prices. Reviews and monitors delivery, quality, service and billing.
- Coordinates goods return to vendor for replacement or credit.
- Confirms receipt of goods/services as necessary to facilitate payment of invoices.
- Prepares and maintains documentation; produces spreadsheets and analyzes reports for submission to management.
- Provides information as necessary to ensure proper transport and receipt of goods performed.
- Extends and verifies ISO 9000 and ISO 27001 quality requirements to approved vendors.
- Very good working knowledge of SAP Procurement to pay process which includes Vendor Master, Material Master, PR, PO, PO approval, GR, Cost roll up, and Invoice management.
- Qualify supplier and assess risks
- Evaluate Supplier performance evaluation and on time delivery periodically
- Knowledge of procuring Information Technology products and services.
- Accountability - Accountable for accurate, timely and cost-effective procurement & delivery of parts.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Communication - Speaks persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions. Interfaces with outside vendors, supplies, customers, import brokers, internal departments and management.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving – resolves purchase orders, invoice and domestic/international shipping issues commensurate with level of expertise, knowledge and training. Refers complex or unusual problems to management.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Requires working knowledge of internal business processes; material and production control, planning and scheduling; U.S. Customs tariffs and classification procedures. Strong PC skills, including spreadsheet applications. Incumbent typically would have a minimum of four (4) years’ experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to originate and maintain complex documentation records.
- Ability to research and interact effectively with supplies, U.S. Customs and other internal departments to resolve problems.
- Ability to accurately input and manipulate data using computerized equipment.
HORIBA Instruments offers a competitive compensation package that includes a 401(k) plan with match; employee group dental, vision, life, and disability (short and long-term) paid for by the company; medical insurance, family dental and vision insurance, and supplemental life insurance available with reasonable employee contributions; employee assistance program; paid holidays, vacation, and sick time; flexible spending accounts; and educational reimbursement and commuter benefit programs.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please email sandra.rojo(at)horiba.com or call (949) 344-0152 for assistance. HORIBA will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able to participate in the hiring process. HORIBA is committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities.
EEO/Affirmative Action/Veteran Status/Disabilities.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY