Product Specialist - Customer Spectroscopy Systems
The HORIBA Group of worldwide companies provides an extensive array of instruments and systems for applications ranging from automotive R&D, process and environmental monitoring, in-vitro medical diagnostics, semiconductor manufacturing and metrology, to a broad range of scientific R&D and QC measurements. Proven quality and trustworthy performance have established widespread confidence in the HORIBA Brand.
Inspired by our unique motto, “JOY and FUN,” we focus on social responsibilities by building state-of-the-art products for scientific advancement; especially for protecting health, safety, and the environment. “HORIBARIANs,” the HORIBA employees all over the world, look forward to working with additional creative and entrepreneurial self-starters. To learn more about our unique culture, visit our culture page.
SUMMARY: The product specialist is to provide complete technical support via email, phone, and remote sessions to our customer base, Field service engineers, and affiliates in order to resolve customer issues and problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage communications with customers to ensure issue resolution and proper follow-up, to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Must attend training on products and help develop service documentation as required
- Is the primary point of contact for our Customer Spectroscopy customers, Field Service Engineers & global affiliates.
- Use Service Max to create and update cases accurately and timely with all necessary information.
- Initiate and actively participate in the content creation of service technical notes and service manuals.
- Work with Product Engineers to Test and Qualify products before shipment.
- Create and implement service revenue channels together with the Service Supervisor.
- Promotes and sells various types of extended warranty/PM contracts on equipment, user training, and Service Replacement Orders.
- Support Sales, Production, R&D, and Quality functions as needed.
- Run customer samples and participate in customer demos as needed.
- Participate in the assembly, testing, and QC of instruments as needed.
- Travel for training and system installations as directed by the Manager, including overnight stays. Travel is typically less than 25% but could change and is dependent upon business needs.
- Advises sales representatives of potential selling opportunities within accounts.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or physical science, equivalent military education.
- Associate's degree in science or technology from two-year College or technical school plus 1 to 3 years of related experience and/or training.
- More than 3 years of customer service-related work experience.
- Technical proficiency in instrumentation and electronics.
- Efficient in Word and Excel
- Experience with SAP and Salesforce systems is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills required; both oral and written.
- Experience with optical spectroscopies such as Raman and PL is a plus.
- Experience with optical microscopes is a plus.
- Experience with instrument control software such as LabView is a plus
- Able to present sophisticated ideas to a non-technical audience and tackle customer problems with patience and a positive attitude approach
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated, and be organized
- Strong interpersonal, self-motivational, & negotiating skills
- Understand and adhere to safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe and balanced work environment.
HORIBA Instruments offers a competitive compensation package that includes a 401(k) plan with a match; employee group dental, vision, life, and disability (short and long-term) paid for by the company; medical insurance, family dental and vision insurance, and supplemental life insurance available with reasonable employee contributions; employee assistance program; paid holidays, vacation, and sick time; flexible spending accounts; and educational reimbursement and commuter benefit programs.
If you are an individual with a disability and need accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call (732)494-8660 for assistance. HORIBA will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able to participate in the hiring process. HORIBA is committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities.
EEO/Affirmative Action/Veteran Status/Disabilities.
Click to apply.