A period of building up our internal resources
- The Standard Technology Ltd. (presently HORIBA STEC) makes the first mass flow controller.
- The Application Center, a showroom for HORIBA products is opened to establish a closer relationship with our customers.
- Shares are listed on the first section of the Tokyo stock and Osaka securities exchanges.
- HORIBA Makes the first reticle/mask particle detection system.
- A sales office is established in Singapore.
- HORIBA becomes the first Japanese company listed on the first section of a stock exchange to introduce a four-day working week.
- HORIBA makes “Cardy,” the world's first flat, card-type, pH meter.
- HORIBA partners with the French medical equipment manufacturer ABX S.A. (presently HORIBA ABX S.A.).
- HORIBA forms a business tie-up with the German company, Hoiza GmbH, regarding automotive emission systems.
- Initiatives aimed at establishing the “HORIBA Identity” are launched: the first step in creating the HORIBA brand.
HORIBA concludes an agreement with Maidak Inc., of the U.S., to transfer technology on fourier-transform infrared spectrophotometers.
- HORIBA GmbH is established in Austria.
- HORIBA Korea Ltd. is established.
Omoshiro Okashiku - Joy and Fun
The company motto displayed above sums up the directive to everyone at HORIBA Group, which is to bring enthusiasm and excitement into our work to make our trade fulﬁlling and enjoy our lives.