Establishing a firm footing as a research and development company
- HORIBA RADIO LABORATORY is established.
- HORIBA's first glass electrode pH meter, a key product in the early years.
- HORIBA Ltd. is established.
- The GA model infra-red gas monitor is put on the market.
- The rise of infra-red gas analysis technology.
- A business and technical alliance is formed with Hitachi, Ltd.
- The completion of the first automotive emission analyzer MEXA-1.
- NDIR-type air pollution monitor APMA-1.
- The MEXA-200 CO analyzer comes out, a major hit product in the HORIBA annals.
Omoshiro Okashiku - Joy and Fun
The company motto displayed above sums up the directive to everyone at HORIBA Group, which is to bring enthusiasm and excitement into our work to make our trade fulﬁlling and enjoy our lives.