This application links road-based RDE tests to the chassis lab.
RDE+ CHASSIS delivers time and cost savings by reducing vehicle prototypes, road testing and seasonal delays.
Using HORIBA STARS automation software and VULCAN chassis-dyno hardware, whole-vehicle RDE tests can be replicated accurately with superior repeatability.
RDE tests can be faithfully emulated, enabling rapid development and validation of whole-vehicle systems and calibrations. This approach eliminates the need for seasonally dependent environmental testing.
Hardware-in-the-loop (HiL) approaches allow virtually generated RDE scenarios to be driven by whole vehicles.
Cost and Operational Benefits of Torque-Matching Method
- No need to take complex vehicle measurements over RDE test
- Lower cost, efficient replication of RDE tests
- Easy RDE emulation for vehicle development and validation
Advantages for Vehicle Emissions Development
- Rapid generation of rig based RDE tests for prototype vehicles
- Shortened development and validation timescales
- Accelerated durability/degradation test deterioration factors from real-world driving
- Highly repeatable real-world testing with altitude and environment in the lab
Reduced Requirement for In-field Environmental Testing
- Reduced cost of road trips, travel and transportation
- Reduced number of prototype vehicles required
- De-coupling of the development testing programme from seasonal timing
- Repeatable environmental testing in the lab