Automotive Test Centre Oberursel
The state-of-the-art HORIBA Test Centre in Oberursel near Frankfurt am Main, Germany, is equipped with the latest measurement and testing technology. Qualified personnel with long-standing application know-how conduct complex test runs independently or - if requested - in conjunction with the customers. The Test Centre also serves as an in-house development tool and enables research as well as verification of the very latest HORIBA systems.
The comprehensive portfolio of measuring technologies enables a wide range of emissions testing compliant with international legislation as well as substantial R&D, homologation and application work.
- State-of-the-art technologies for highly accurate and repeatable testing and measurement
- High degree of flexibility in contract testing and development partnership
- Experienced professional team dedicated to the test centre
- Direct access to HORIBA’s product expertise
- Guaranteed confidentiality of customer data
- International OEMs and automotive suppliers
- Development partners, research institutions and universities
Test Facilities at a Glance:
- Chassis Test Cell: The new HORIBA 4WD Vulcan Chassis Dynamometer with MEXA-ONE emission measurement technology and VETS ONE Automation allows emission measurement of passenger cars, hybrid cars and light-duty vehicles. Testing is carried out in accordance with all international standards. A newly constructed soak room provides space for up to six vehicles.
- E-Motor Test Cell: Particularly important is HORIBA’s TITAN E-Drive test cell for the development of E-Motors and alternative automotive drive lines. It is equipped with a high speed DYNAS3 HS 180 Asynchronous machine, which allows a high starting torque and is capable of very high speeds of up to 16,000 rpm. An integrated DC power supply system provides voltages up to 950 V. The test centre in Oberursel thus offers testing opportunities for conventional and alternative powertrains.
- Engine Test Cell: The HORIBA TITAN engine test stand is equipped with a DYNAS3 HD 350 Asynchronous machine, which delivers up to 350 kW and is capable of engine speeds up to 9,000 rpm. The MEXA-7100 FX for raw gas exhaust emissions stands out with its extremely fast response. In combination with a HORIBA MDLT 1300 Micro Dilution Tunnel, the highly accurate measurement of particulate mass is also possible. The highly dynamic FQ-2100DP fuel flow meter allows precise measurement of fuel consumption with fuel temperature conditioning.
Mr. Misgeld - Head of Test Centre
Phone: +49 6172 1396 180