MEDAS enables measurements up to 5,000m with a simulated temperature range from -45 to 50 °C (with the MEDAS Temperature Module) and a simulated humdity range of 5 to 95 % (with the MEDAS Humidity Module).
- Suitable for different test cell configurations (e. g. engine, vehicle, powertrain)
- Full integration with test cell control through CAN
- Two MEDAS systems can be coupled in parallel to multiply the mass flow
- No limit on minimum engine flow rate
- Additional options available, e. g. noise insulation
From Road to Laboratory
The MEDAS system increases flexibility by offering a modular design, which can be adjusted for a wide range of different test environments and possible applications. It allows any worldwide atmospheric condition to be reproduced inside the test cell. For a complete real driving correlation (such as emissions correlation), an integration with other testing equipment is possible.
- Flexible concept with extended temperature and humidity modules
- Can be moved between different test cells
- Suitable for a wide range of applications, from light-duty (e.g. motorcycles) up to heavy-duty engines, including NRMM
- Can simulate changing ambient pressure, temperature and humidity
- Very fast response time for replication of real driving tests
- Precise and repeatable, even during high engine dynamics
- Patented design and internal algorithms reduce power requirements while ensuring robust results