How to measure a trace amount like a few micro liter sample? Here is one way using HORIBA Compact pH meter LAQUAtwin (models pH-11, pH-22, pH-33).
The picture image is pH-11
The flat sensor technology realizes the pH measurement of a few micro liter sample.
（The display resolution is selectable between 0.1 and 0.01 pH)
1. Transparent sheet that does not absorb water (i.e. PET sheet used for clear file folder)
*Specially coated sheet which elutes acid or alkaline material should not be used.
・Please calibrate according to the instruction manual before the measurement.
1. Cut the transparent sheet into a shape that covers the glass electrode and liquid junction. Try to cut into the shape of the blue part seen on the sensor. The smaller the size, the more trace amount you can measure.
2. Drop a sample on the center of the glass electrode. Using a micropipette may be easier.
3. Place the sheet cutout over the sample, so that the sample connects the glass electrode and the liquid junction as per seen in the image below.
4. The measured value is displayed.
※Sample will be affected by the internal solution (potassium chloride), so please record the reading immediately (within 30 seconds).
Next page Method for Measuring the pH of Samples that Generates Bubbles