The composition of constituent elements has a significant impact on the properties and performance of metals and solid materials. As a result, it is crucial to maintain strict control over these elements to ensure product quality and to develop new materials for a variety of industries, including steel, nonferrous and non-metallic materials, ceramics, batteries, semiconductors and others.
HORIBA's elemental quantitative analyzers have been continuously advancing to meet the demands of the steel market, which requires both high accuracy and rapid analysis speed. These analyzers are based on our unique Non-Dispersive Infrared (NDIR) gas analysis technology, which enables ultra-high-precision trace determination at ppm levels and high speeds, surpassing the capabilities. (See the Comparison with Other Elemental Analysis for more information)
Their measurement principles make them suitable for a wide range of applications, regardless of types of target samples. Additionally, these analyzers are easy to operate and maintain by anyone, not just specialized operators with advanced analytical skills.
Typical target materials:
- Energy: Materials for lithium-ion battery, fuel cell, electrolyzer
- Electric parts
- Semiconductor: Silicon, poly-silicon, GaN
- Steel and non-ferrous alloy (metallurgy): Iron, copper, nickel, aluminum, zinc, tungsten carbide
- Mineral: Cokes, lime stone, coal, silicone, rare-metal
- Others: Catalyst, rubber, carbon black, silica, cement
See Application corner for more details.