HORIBA, Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “HORIBA”) hereby establishes the following stipulations pertaining to the handling of private information in the possession of HORIBA, based upon Japan’s Private Information Protection Lawand related laws and ordinances, the guidelines and policies determined by Japanese government ministries pertaining to these said laws and ordinances, and private information protection management rules and other designations determined by HORIBA.
HORIBA hereby sets forth the following basic policy pertaining to the handling of private information.
(1) Private information acquired by HORIBA shall be used for the purpose of supplying products, parts, services, technologies, know-how and other entities in the possession of HORIBA and HORIBA group companies (hereinafter referred to as "HORIBA group"), while notice shall be given of the use purposes at the time of acquisition.
Specific use examples include the following types of cases.
(2) Private information in the possession of HORIBA prior to the enactment of the Private Information Protection Law shall also be used for the aforementioned purposes.
Private information in the possession of HORIBA shall be used only by HORIBA. This stipulation shall not apply, however, in the following cases.
(1) Shared Use
There may be cases of shared use of private information by the HORIBA Group for the purpose of supplying products, services, technologies, know-how and other entities handled by the HORIBA Group. The HORIBA Group shall consist of the following.
When engaging in shared used with these Group companies, notice shall be furnished of the intended purpose of those uses at the time that the said information is acquired. Moreover, shared use information shall consist of the same categories as those acquired by HORIBA, with the persons responsible for information management at each Japanese domestic Group company to consist of the private information protection manager and the head of the department in charge of general affairs. Pertaining to the overseas Group, HORIBA shall act as the headquarters in undertaking management and supervision aimed at preventing information divulgence or other developments.
(2) Third-Party Supply
There may be cases when HORIBA supplies private information to sales companies in the HORIBA Group or that handle HORIBA Group products, with the purpose of supplying products, parts, services, technologies, know-how or other entities handled by the HORIBA Group. When engaging in such third-party supply, notice shall be furnished of the purpose of the supply at the time that the said information is acquired. In addition, guidance shall be furnished to the recipients of such information to establish management systems equal or superior to the level of the systems in force at HORIBA.
HORIBA may engage in outsourcing to sales companies, dealers, special agents or other entities with the purpose of supplying products, parts, services, technologies, know-how or other entities handled by HORIBA.
(1) With regard to private information in the possession of HORIBA, parties wishing to be notified of the use purpose, or that wish to disclose, correct, make additions to, delete, terminate the use of or erase the contents of the information, halt the supply of data or take other actions are requested to direct such requests to the HORIBA group manager with which they do business, or to the manager of the private information protection inquiries desk (see below).
(2) Of the aforementioned requests, please be aware that notification of use purposes or disclosure of information contents shall require responses to the following matters.
a. Mailing of the following documents
b. Agreement to grant a period of time necessary to respond to the request in question, not to exceed two (2) weeks.
c. Payment of the value of the actual expenses required for responding to the details of the requests in question.
(3) Please be aware that there may be cases when it proves impossible to respond to such requests, including instances when responding to the requested details is in violation of the law, cases capable of resulting in conspicuous impediment to the business operations of HORIBA, cases when it is deemed that no need exists for such responses in accordance with laws or regulations or under other circumstances.
(1) HORIBA shall manage and store private information under a strict control system, making every possible effort to strengthen the level of security to ensure that the information of the parties in question is not lost, destroyed, falsified or divulged to third parties.
(2) When being supplied with private information, HORIBA shall take precautions against illicit access by third parties by encrypting information through the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) scheme or other means, in striving to maintain safety within a rational sphere.
(3) HORIBA shall not assume responsibility in the rare event of damages suffered by the parties in question or third parties as a result of illicit actions by hackers or others that exceed the sphere of the security measures in force.
HORIBA shall establish private information protection inquiries desk managers, who will respond to consultations, questions and other matters pertaining to private information in the possession of HORIBA.
Aiji Horii, Department Manager of Administration Dept.
Private Information Protection Inquiries Desk
General Administration Division, HORIBA, Ltd.
Address: 2, Miyanohigashi-cho, Kisshoin, Minami-ku, Kyoto 601-8510 Japan
Tel: +81 75 313 8121
Fax: +81 75 321 8312
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org