Sales Engineer - SouthEast Region
The HORIBA Group of worldwide companies provides an extensive array of instruments and systems for applications ranging from automotive R&D, process and environmental monitoring, in-vitro medical diagnostics, semiconductor manufacturing and metrology, to a broad range of scientific R&D and QC measurements. Proven quality and trustworthy performance have established widespread confidence in the HORIBA Brand.
Inspired by our unique motto, “JOY and FUN,” we focus on social responsibilities by building state-of-the-art products for scientific advancement; especially for protecting health, safety, and the environment. “HORIBARIANs,” the HORIBA employees all over the world, look forward to working with additional creative and entrepreneurial self-starters. To learn more about our unique culture, visit our culture page.
HORIBA is seeking an Elite Sales Performer for the South East Region of the United States specifically residing within the territory.
- Sell company products, including Fluorescence and Optical Spectroscopy Packages and Components and potentially other spectroscopy, and microscopy tools in the assigned territory with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Handle customer inquiries, actively prospect, and conduct product demonstrations and presentations effectively.
- Develop customer interest in equipment, prepare quotations and follow through for purchase orders.
- Achieve assigned sales target and develop a sales strategy
- Attend trade shows
- Maintains digital marketing portfolio including LinkedIn, ResearchGate, and more.
- Actively engages in new scientific markets and develops strong client partnerships.
- Stay current with trends and competitors to identify improvements or recommend new products
- Builds business by identifying and selling prospects; maintaining relationships with clients.
- Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options.
- Sells products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending solutions.
- Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements. Maintains customer/prospect database and activity.
- Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information including forecasts, activities, territory evaluation and so forth.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific discipline, Masters or Ph.D. preferred, or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Travel required
- Prior Sales experience required with minimum of 5 years preferably from a reputable Sales Training Program/Company
- Technical, capital equipment and optical / spectroscopy experience a requirement
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Power Point, Excel, CRM, and Digital Marketing
- South-East Sales engineer covering FL, GA, LA, TN, KY, NC, SC, MS, AR, AL, VA, WV and living within the territory
- Preference in having a business degree as an addition
- Ability to present by themselves
- Prospecting using contacts, digital media, and so forth
- Ability to drive a sale from initial contact to close
- Additional language preferred
- Ability to create and deliver presentations
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented, desire to deliver results
- Fast, self-direct learning.
HORIBA Instruments offers a competitive compensation package that includes a 401(k) plan with match; employee group dental, vision, life, and disability (short and long-term) paid for by the company; medical insurance, family dental and vision insurance, and supplemental life insurance available with reasonable employee contributions; employee assistance program; paid holidays, vacation, and sick time; flexible spending accounts; and educational reimbursement and commuter benefit programs.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call (732)494-8660 for assistance. HORIBA will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able to participate in the hiring process. HORIBA is committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities.
EEO/Affirmative Action/Veteran Status/Disabilities.
Click to apply