The HORIBA Group of worldwide companies provides an extensive array of instruments and systems for applications ranging from automotive R&D, process and environmental monitoring, in-vitro medical diagnostics, semiconductor manufacturing and metrology, to a broad range of scientific R&D and QC measurements. Proven quality and trustworthy performance have established widespread confidence in the HORIBA Brand.
Inspired by our unique motto, “JOY and FUN,” we focus on social responsibilities by building state-of-the-art products for scientific advancement; especially for protecting health, safety, and the environment. “HORIBARIANs,” the HORIBA employees all over the world, look forward to working with additional creative and entrepreneurial self-starters. To learn more about our unique culture, visit our culture page.
Essential Job Functions:
- Critical: Operation of vacuum coating machines: which would include the start-up process each morning and loading of the coater for daily production with gratings and essential materials for producing gratings. The operation would also include running each cycle, from pump down to high vacuum, as well as the coating process itself, when the desired vacuum is attained, and unloading of the optics when the process is finished.
-Critical: Maintenance of coaters, including cleaning the machines: This entails the use of chemicals like sodium hydroxide to remove old material from the bell jar and coater components. Maintenance also includes changing expendable components like filaments in the coater on a regular basis. Train to make repairs and diagnose problems when they occur.
- Early morning cleaning of diffraction gratings, involving the removal of epoxy by use of a razor blade, mechanical fixtures with a machine chuck, and chemicals like acetone. Where needed, a respirator must be used. Able to maintain daily process flow from cleaning to curing ovens to other areas for processing. (i.e. take-apart part area).
- Use of epoxy resins, glues, and small machines. Packaging and Handling of both fragile and heavy parts.
- Optimization and Testing with automated software and test equipment.
- Use of computer, Excel, and specific software to record traceability and performance (Pass/Fail criteria).
**Willing to work 5 days/week, from Tuesday to Saturday. Willing to work overtime when needed**
HORIBA Instruments offers a competitive compensation package that includes a 401(k) plan with match; employee group dental, vision, life, and disability (short and long-term) paid for by the company; medical insurance, family dental and vision insurance, and supplemental life insurance available with reasonable employee contributions; employee assistance program; paid holidays, vacation, and sick time; flexible spending accounts; and educational reimbursement and commuter benefit programs.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call (732)494-8660 for assistance. HORIBA will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able to participate in the hiring process. HORIBA is committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities.
EEO/Affirmative Action/Veteran Status/Disabilities.